Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Very Truly Julie"

OK, this isn't the best poem for you-know-who, but I still like it and hope Julie does to.

**By the way, that first sentence wasn't meant for the poem. It was coincidental.

This is really the poem.

*clearing the throat*

Here's a very extraordinary lady who
I first heard about since "My Fair Sadie."

She's strong as making wolves howl.
And I'm talking about Mrs. Julie Powell

Funny and cool and popular and hip;
That's the metaphore for our friendship.

Her personality proves to be very wild
as she was cooking from Julia Child.

The sad woman never ate an egg.
Come on, Julie! You don't have to beg.

Julie, you're awesome, I love you so much.
If we ever met for lunch, we'd probably go Dutch.

You were well portrayed by Amy Adams with Meryl Streep.
For Amy, being you was one big leap.

I'd love to make you a Raspberry Couli,
because you are a very truly Julie.

No comments:

Post a Comment