Friday, January 8, 2010

"Thank You, Julie Powell."

OK, so I'm an art intern and student. I intern in an art gallery. And there was show we had recently and I contributed another homage for Julie Powell...again. I painted three pictures total and one of them was very meaningful and the one I was most proud of. I'd show a picture, but I never got one. I'll try to post one if I can some time.

Anyway, it was on a cut-down piece of paper to a 6" X 6" size. It had a black painted computer keyboard in the middle. On the top side of the paint it said "Writing" and on the bottom it said "Again". And I called it "Thank You, Julie Powell".

People were asking me about it and I loved telling the story of how much I started writing again all because of Julie and how I started a blog because of her.

Julie, this would be a painting that I think you would love. I already lost my USB plug in that had "Just Like Julia Child" on it in which I was dedicating that to you. You are a big part of my life, I love you, and I would not be a writer for the second time if it wasn't for you. I can't wait to meet you and I also can't wait until you see my blog.

Once again, but not forever...Thank you, Julie Powell.

1 comment:

  1. I can appreciate how you feel about wanting to get back into writing because of Julie. I too was inspired by her and the movie. I too have my own blog on blogspot.com I hope we can bounce ideas off each other. Best of luck to you!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete